Saturday, January 26, 2008

how lack of sleep can affect your health

It's time for me to go to bed last night, but i cannot sleep, maybe because I'm enjoying and too busy editing my blog. But when I wake up I notice that I had pain like headache and too tired of doing things that I'm used too. I cannot function well. I always get irritated. Staying up late is easy for me when i am still a student. but now, it causes me some problems especially health problems.

As we all know, sleep is one of the important considerations for all of us. It makes us feel relax and restore our energy and system. But because of the many distractions today, our natural sleep pattern is changed.

People are now too busy, they work overtime, they always go to bars for their social life. As i know, the average sleep pattern of a person is 8 -10 hours, but nowadays people sleep less than 8 hours or worse they don't sleep.

FYI: Did you know that lack of sleep can caused you to accidents? Because it causes your cognitive function to slow. It also causes you to gain weight, experience lack of concentration and forgetfulness.

To prevent all of these, try to take a short nap. Some studies shows that taking a short nap restores energy and cognitive functions. Take a vacation, relax, maintain a regular sleeping schedule, avoid caffeine, avoid strenuous exercise after dinner, put all the things that distracts you, avoid television at bedtime and lastly for peace of mind try reading a verse from the Bible or pray.

Enjoy sleeping!




4 comments:

Pepe said...

Oi, alam mo tinamaan rin ako nitong topic na to....! Lahing bampira rin kasi ako, hindi mahilig matulog sa gabi....! Feel ko kasi parang aksaya lang sa oras yun, pero alam ko naman syempre na kailangan ko talagang matulog kasi pinagbabayaran ko ang every minute nito pagdating ko sa work kinabukasan he-he....! =D

Dakilang Tambay said...

haha! ang hirap nga maging lahing bampira pepe e! sakit sa ulo pag nagising ka! haha!

arnel said...

Aray..... sige na nga from now on babawasan ko na ang aking pagpupuyat...

Dakilang Tambay said...

hehehe! very good.. :-)